« Home | s!lence » | Learning to Breathe » | one year » 

Saturday, January 22, 2005 

nameless

[ i take off my glasses
from my tired eyes
that blink to ease
out the tears that
revive a once broken desert.

i turn on the radio
as i drive down
that lonely road,
dark and cosy,
hues of grey & brown
shades of black shadows
fading into the tree-lined
sidewalks of suburban America.

the sounds of old jazz
plug into my ears
reminding me of everything
melancholic and mellow.
frost on my rear window glistens
as car headlights swallow into
my tired eyes;
i feel also the aching of
a yearning heart.

cold leather seats,
driving alone, the wailing
of miles davis'
a'round midnight, as it
dawns on me that this
is bliss.
down that wet street in
Chicago i go;
i do not want to get out while the song plays.

i leave the engine running a
little longer,
the color of jazz breathing
life into my cold heart,
as i wait for eternity
to arrive.
and then, i cease to be.
blink. ]
-lx c.
eighthhourfortyeighthminute, nvmbr|eighteen|twothousandandtwo
a taro turnover @ cineleisure orchard

about

[ ]

© twothousandandsix mingshen.